The Location is corner of 5th St and Vermont Ave.
Events of L.A. Noire
Later in the Vice Case, Manifest Destiny, when Cole Phelps searches for Jack Kelso. It is revealed through Records and Investigation Bureau of the LAPD that Jack Kelso works for California Fire and Life.
Later on in the game, in the Arson case, House of Sticks, Cole Phelps seeks the help of Jack Kelso through Elsa Lichtmann. It appears that she received a cash settlement of $20,000 as Lou Buchwalter died in an accident. Elsa refuses this settlement, and asks Jack Kelso to investigate the issue, as Phelps ordered her to. This leads Kelso to discover that the Suburban Redevelopment Fund and California Fire & Life are related.
The office building for California Fire and Life can be explored prior to its appearance in House of Sticks during the Vice Desk free roam mode. Several areas not seen in House of Sticks are accessible, including a mezzanine claims area and a working elevator which takes player into the main office area where Kelso and Benson's offices can be explored.
It is located in Wilshire on Vermont Avenue between 5th and 6th street.
California Fire and Life also allows it's investigators to be armed while "on-duty", this can be proven by Kelso's use of a Browning Hi-Power as a sidearm.
- Curtis Benson - Vice President
- Timothy Lee - Senior Claims Investigator
- Jack Kelso - Claims Investigator
- Clarence Fleming - Claims Assessor
- The layout of the California Fire and Life building appears to be a direct reference to the film Double Indemnity (1944), whose Pacific All Risk Insurance building featured the same office "pit" and upper level catwalk of offices.