Cases are the mission structures of L.A. Noire.
Cases begin in the same way. You're briefed by your Captain, you're treated to a short cut-scene showing the crime taking place, then you and your partner head off to the crime scene to search for clues. Most of the cases feature interrogations and shootings. Depending on how many clues Phelps finds and how well he does during the interrogations, the course of the case might change; meaning each case can be solved multiple ways. At the end of each case, Phelps will receive a score of 1-5 stars, depending on how well he did in both investigation and interrogation. By receiving high scores at the end of a case, Phelps will move through the ranks of the LAPD faster.
Pre-order bonus or DLC cases will not be count as "Case Completed" in Game statistics.
- "The Driver's Seat"
- "The Consul's Car" (Exclusive to PlayStation 3 and PC and on Xbox 360 on complete edition)
- "A Marriage Made in Heaven"
- "A Slip of the Tongue" (Pre-order bonus and downloadable content and PC version, Xbox 360 complete edition)
- "The Fallen Idol"
- "The Red Lipstick Murder"
- "The Golden Butterfly"
- "The Silk Stocking Murder"
- "The White Shoe Slaying"
- "The Studio Secretary Murder"
- "The Quarter Moon Murders"
- "The Black Caesar"
- "Reefer Madness" (Downloadable content)
- "The Set Up"
- "The Naked City" (Pre-order bonus and downloadable content)
- "Manifest Destiny"
- "The Gas Man"
- "A Walk in Elysian Fields"
- "House of Sticks"
- "A Polite Invitation"
- "Nicholson Electroplating" (Downloadable content)
- "A Different Kind of War"