- "I know a ton of this psychology stuff."
- ―Sam Kaplan
- "Called to the First Methodist Church. Uniformed officers are trying to negotiate with a possible jumper on the roof."
- ―Notebook description
Dispatch Call Script
Dispatch: Any Central unit, Car 16 Adam reports a possible jumper at Eighth and Hope, Methodist Church. Unit to handle, Code two, identify.
Cole Phelps: 11K, go ahead.
Dispatch: 11 King, meet 16 Adam. Possible jumper at Eighth and Hope at the First Methodist Church. Code Two.
Cole Phelps: 11K, roger that.
Follow your partner to the rear of the building and climb up the pipe. He will become winded at the top of the building. Continue across the roof toward the front of the building and climb the ladder to reach the jumper.
- This street crime is extremely similar to a scene in the 1971 film Dirty Harry, where Inspector Callahan comes across a man threatening to jump from a tower. Inspector Callahan uses reverse psychology to distract the jumper until Callahan pulls the man to safety.
- The slogan for the church is "Your trouble is ... Our business" which is ironic given the situation at hand.
- This is one of the few street crimes that doesn't end up with a coroner, a police wagon or a debrief.