K.T.I. Radio is the sole radio station in L.A. Noire. The station plays songs from the official soundtrack, news and real old time radio dramas and commercials.
In normal/DLC cases, background music will be played while you drive at most of the times, however in "Free Roam", you can listen to the radio anytime you drive, radio broadcast can still be heard while your partner is driving.
Unlike other Rockstar games, the player has no control over the radio; it cannot be turned off and radio shows air at random times. The radio plays in most vehicles, including unmarked police vehicles but excluding marked emergency vehicles such as ambulances and patrol cars, although programming is interrupted by dispatch calls periodically, radio also plays in bars, hotels, public buildings or people's home with a radio.
- Alaco Gas
- Bullseye Cigars
- Cola King
- Dental Clean
- Elysian Fields Development
- Lennox Beer
- Mullingar Flour
- Pandora Soap
- Spenser's Root Beer
- Rise and Shine Yeast
Radio Dramas and Shows
- The Jack Benny Program - originally aired 11/16/47 (CLEANING JACK' DEN)
- The Bickersons - originally aired 1/12/47 (New Puppy) and 4/20/47
- The Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy Show - originally aired 10/19/47 (Guest Jane Wyman)
National News episodes
K.T.I. Radio has real broadcast news. These news broadcasts were extracted from real video footage of 1947.
- Truman (1947-01-06 "80th Congress Convenes" be Ed Herlihy )
- Hearing On Communism ( 1947-10-20"Hollywood 'Red' Probe Begins" by Ed Herlihy)
- Golden Gloves (1947-01-13 "Amatuer Sluggers" by Ed Herlihy)
- Pinball Machines (1947-01-16 - Unknown name)
- Polio Fundraiser (1947-10-20 - Dimes Drive Underway by Ed Herlihy)
- Wolf Eradication (1947-01-16 - Unknown name)
- War Disposal ( 1947-01-13 - War Hazard Elemented by Ben Grauer)
- Movie Train (1947-01-16 - Unknown name)
- Polish Workers Revi (1947-06-02 - "Polish Girl Imported For Factory Work" by Ben Grauer)
Behind the Scenes
KTI Radio is likely based on real-life station KFI-AM. Among the similarities are the names of the owners (KFI was owned by Earle C. Anthony, Incorporated, while KTI is owned by "Eugene C. Windell Incorporated"), and that KFI was well known for airing a frost report, which is mentioned in KTI's "Farm Report" segment.
- Larry Kenney - Primary announcer.
- Henry Strozier - National News announcer (?)
- Bill Lobley
- Laura Heywood
- It is possible to listen to KTI while driving to a crime scene or any other location during a case. On the map, clear the set destination and set a custom one very close to it. You can now listen to KTI instead of the background music. You must get out of your car to spawn the cutscene for your location. Please note that you might miss partner conversations or important information on the police radio by doing this.