- "Hits harder and take more punches before going down."
- ―In-game description
The suit boosts the player's fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage.
Throughout L.A. Noire while working cases, the player will encounter quite a few suspects and persons of interest who prove to be resistant to arrest. Your hand-to-hand fighting skills will be called into action on these cases – the Broderick suit with its enhanced fighting abilities may be that edge in helping make that collar.
The outfit is a pre-order bonus from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, though it is available as a DLC purchase from the Playstation Store or Xbox Marketplace.
Interestingly, Phelps will change into the Broderick outfit in the Homicide desk cases "The Studio Secretary Murder" and "The Quarter Moon Murders," instead of the Sword of Justice outfit. This is not seen in PC version, however.
- The name for The Broderick may have originated from the name of the 1950's television actor, Broderick Crawford, who played a police chief on the 1950's television series, Highway Patrol. More likely, it is a reference to a slang term from the 1950s, with a "broderick" meaning a thorough beating.
- In Complete Edition, this outfit is available from "The Driver's Seat" case onward.
- It has the same tie as the The Outsider and the Hawkshaw outfits.
- In cutscenes, Cole will use the normal Browning Hi-Power, instead of his Nickel plated one.
- This is the only suit where the player is given a weapon besides the M1911, the Sharpshooter suit doesn't count as it's only the model that's different.