|The Consul's Car|
|Crime Scene||Jacob's Backyard|
|Persons of Interest||5|
|Locations|| Jacob's Backyard|
Dewey's Car Sales
Central Police Station
Del Gado's Residence
Illegal Street Race
|Date||January 25, 1947|
|Previous case||Next case|
|The Driver's Seat||A Marriage Made in Heaven|
- "Okay, we're gonna keep this short... I'm already late for the DA."
- ―Gordon Leary
Persons of InterestEdit
- Oswald Jacobs - The witness
- Juan Francisco Valdez - The Consul General of Agentina in Los Angeles.
- William Dewey - The owner of Dewey's Car Sales.
- Gabriel Del Gado - A mechanic at Dewey's Car Sales.
- Anna Rodriguez - The girlfriend of Gabriel Del Gado.
- Investigate Jacob's Backyard
- Interview Oswald Jacobs
- Trace Address for 'Dewey Brothers'
- Interview Juan Valdez
- Locate Gabriel Del Gado
- Investigate Del Gado's Residence
- Attend Santa Fe Avenue Street Race
When you arrive at the crime scene, you'll speak with two police officers before you can go searching for clues.
|Beneath the steering wheel.||
|Abandoned vehicle registered to Argentinean Consulate.|
|By the front left wheel.||
|Diplomatic flag removed from abandoned Packard.|
|The front of the vehicle.||
|License plates PR706 removed from abandoned diplomatic vehicle.|
|By the front right wheel.||
|Front right wheel removed from abandoned vehicle.|
|In front of the vehicle, to the left by the evidence C marker.||
|3/4" wrench, marked 'Dewey Bros', found near abandoned vehicle.|
Once you have examined all the evidence, go question a fellow by the name of Oswald Jacobs. You can find him sitting on his front porch, at his cyan colored house.
Interview Oswald Jacobs:Edit
|Witness report||Truth||Mexican suspect, Old Ford|
|Possible suspect vehicle||Truth|
|Vehicle stripped of parts||Doubt|
After the conversation, examine his front porch for another clue.
|On the bench on Oswald Jacobs front porch.||
|Monogrammed notebook listing male liaisons, phone number for William Dewey.|
When you have examined the notebook, your partner will suggest that you find a gamewell. Fortunately, there's one near the exit of the backyard. After your call, go back to Central to speak to Juan Francisco Valdez.
Speak with the watch commander once you arrive at the station. After the conversation, go to Interview Room 2 to speak with Juan Francisco Valdez.
Interview Juan Francisco Valdez:Edit
|Packard purchase history||Doubt||Alleged bribery|
|Theft of consular vehicle||Doubt||Gabriel (Updated)|
|Association with 'Gabriel'||Lie||Valdez's notebook|
After this, go speak with the watch commander again before you take off for the Dewey Bros Dealership.
After sitting through a sales pitch, you can follow the owner to the garage. At the garage, there is a big wall mount for tools. The idea here is to match the tools that are missing on the wall to the tools that are on the table.
|After placing the tools on the wall.||
|3/4" wrench missing from Dewey Bros garage.|
- Be sure to examine the license plates, to the left on the same wall as the tools.
Now go back outside to speak to the owner.
Interview William Dewey:Edit
|Association with Valdez||Lie||Alleged bribery or Valdez's notebook|
|Whereabouts of Del Gado||Doubt||Del Gado's Residence, Investigate Del Gado's Residence|
|Wrench used in auto theft||Doubt|
Before you go up the stairs, be sure to examine the letters on the floor of the entryway to get his apartment number. Go there and you will be greeted by a woman named Anna Rodriguez and then you'll be able to take a look around.
- Examine the picture of Gabriel with his car, on the cabinet to the left on your way to the kitchen.
Now, go up to Anna and start asking questions.
Interview Anna Rodriguez:Edit
|Motive for auto theft||Truth|
|Last contact with Gabriel||Lie||Breakfast plates or Stolen Argentinian flag|
|Diplomatic plates recovered||Doubt||Illegal Street Race, Attend Santa Fe Avenue Street Race|
Now, go to the illegal street races and get ready to participate in a street race. Look for the red Ford that you saw in the picture at the Del Gado residence, and, after chasing him through the Los Angeles River, you will be able to apprehend him. Do not shoot him even though you are able to, just point your gun at him and keep close.
Argentine Consul General Juan Valdez gets his Packard back, almost in one piece.
- The Consul's Car is the only DLC case not to add Achievements/Trophies.
- The Consul's Car cannot be purchased on Xbox Live as it is not available, therefore it can only be playable in the complete edition.
- Cole and Stefan will talk about this case in "A Marriage Made in Heaven". (Xbox 360, PC, PS3)
- Cole and Stefan will talk about Adrian Black in the beginning of this case.
- If you drive the Ford Police Special until the race section of the game, in the cutscene before the race your car will automatically be Stefan's Buick Super.
- In the illegal race, damage to your car will not count in the Case report. However, damage to the city or to people will count. (confirmed in PC version)
- While you're chasing Gabriel through the waterway, you can see several wrecked cars rusting in the water. These cars were most likely police cars or detective cars that got wrecked while chasing Gabriel through the way, as Anna says that a lot of police cars got wrecked trying to follow Gabriel there.
- If you stay in the police station after being briefed by Captain Leary, he can be seen walking into and sitting down in Captain James Donnelly's office, rather then his own. Strangely, Cpt. Donnelly also occupies Cpt. Leary's office, seen in Homicide cases.
- If you shoot and kill Del Gado, you'll only get three stars and Gordon Leary will scold you for not keeping him alive.
- Floyd Rose or someone smiliar looking to him can be seen in the briefing room, but not during the cutscene.
- After Phelps insinuates that Valdez is a pedophile, Valdez replies angrily "Are you a madman?!", which alludes to the fact that Aaron Staton, actor of Cole Phelps, is a character in the popular television show 'Mad Men', where he plays one of the titular advertising executives.