- "Christ, and they say working Traffic is like watching paint dry."
- ―Stefan Bekowsky
Cole Phelps is promoted to Detective of the Traffic desk from Patrol Officer after proving himself to be a good investigator. Cole's partner in Traffic is Detective Stefan Bekowsky, out of the Central Police Station. The captain of the department is Gordon Leary.
After Cole gets promoted to Traffic, he very quickly discovers a dark world where automobiles are used as instruments of murder, deception and violent crimes. Reporting to the scene of a mysterious abandoned bloody vehicle (in the case "The Driver's Seat"), or - for example in "The Fallen Idol" case, to an apparent accident site where witness accounts just don't add up - odd clues and flimsy personal accounts may lead to a far more sinister truth.
- Gordon Leary - Captain
- Stefan Bekowsky - Detective (Later promoted to Homicide)
- Cole Phelps - Detective (Later promoted to Homicide) - Deceased
- Joseph Hobbes - Detective
- "The Driver's Seat"
- "Consul's Car" (Complete edition version of L.A. Noire)
- "A Marriage Made in Heaven"
- "A Slip of the Tongue" (DLC and Complete edition version of L.A. Noire)
- "The Fallen Idol"